Monday, November 18, 2013

October In Review

October was a blur of a month.  I am sure something happened in between all of my delirious non sleeping and baby nursing, but I am not sure what.  We will just have to let the camera guide the way...

Oh look, I took the kids to a pumpkin patch!  See, I left my couch on occasion.  We went to the McKee Ranch this year and it was pretty entertaining.  There were animals, a very short and sweet hay ride, pumpkins everywhere (not actually growing in the ground, it's Vegas) and playground equipment galore.  There was a homemade merry go round that was in an octagon shape.  I spun the kids with all my might, and then one of the many corners gave me a good old whack on the back of the calf and I got to hobble the rest of the visit.  The bruise was killer ugly.
And the only two pictures I got were of a pony and the back of my children's heads.  Classic.  They had a photographer on site that insisted on taking photos of my kids.  They dressed them up in flannel and cowboy hats and took pictures of them with Fall props.  Some of them turned out pretty cute, but it was a lot of money to own shots of my kids dressed like farmers...

I caught this pre-bed storytime moment with all of my boys.  Might be one of my favorite pictures ever.

Jude had his first bath!  I expected a lot of screaming, based on his dislike for being cold and naked.  But he kind of seemed to enjoy it in his two week old way.


Rhode took a selfie...


Scarlet continued to occupy all of her free time with her baby brother.  He doesn't totally appreciate her yet but I appreciate her enough for the both of us.


Scarlet also turned into a zombie for her first dance team performance of the year at the Halloween Hoopla.  
And I learned an important lesson.  I DO NOT know how to pouf hair.  Seems like being related to Kylie it should just come naturally to me...

I got to get out and about for almost everything I wanted to... except for Jon's St. George Marathon run.  But, Courtney and Curtis stepped up and made it to the finish line to watch him cross.

3 hrs 35 minutes, even with beard wind resistance.

And before the final shave, the kids captured this fantastic Spanish Conquistador look.

Ha ha!  He is going to kill me for posting these...






















5 comments:

Myca said...

bahahaha. This is so awesome. The pictures of Jon are sweet.

Myca said...

bahahaha. This is so awesome. The pictures of Jon are sweet.

Mindy said...

Wow what a month. I'm not sure if I'll get those pictures of Jon out of my head for awhile but I guess I just posted an equally interesting picture of my own man so we're even. :D I'm glad you had a great month.

Kristy said...

I'm loving the picture of Scarlet with Jude. His face is priceless. Jon's facial hair is also pretty priceless.

Unknown said...

This is mom - Love it! Love that picture of Jon with the boys!! Wow, you really are now the mom of BOYS! It will be very difficult to regain the balance back in your home. Ha ha!