1. For as long as I can remember, Scarlet has hated it when Jon and I show any affection to each other. Whenever he hugs or kisses me, Scarlet will scream and run up to us to pull us apart. She then clings to me with her life. It made a little more sense when she was going through her 'I only want mom' phase. Now, who knows?
2. Thai food? Love it. Korean food? Give me more. Really spicy food? My eyes are watering but I'm going back for more. Snail on the sidewalk? YUM. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Gross. No, thanks mom.
3. She is one of those kids who has a quizzical, bordering on glaring look for anyone who says 'hi' to her. But for some reason, whenever we are at Walmart, she will catch eyes with the craziest, scariest, creepiest looking person she can find, give them a big smile, and give her biggest hi! What a nut.
4. Scarlet loves her baby dolls. Whenever she has a doll in her hand, she also always has the doll's 'blanket', usually a washcloth, wipe or spit rag. Which is odd enough in itself since she has never been a blankie kid. But, then she takes it up a notch on the strange meter. She sticks her babies in her little stroller and places the blanket over their face. I have tried to move the blanket to the doll's lap and she will move it back every time.
5. And finally, Scarlet has always loved to dance. Any rhythm she can find, she is busting a move. I have tried for months to get her to copy dance steps that I am doing but she always just sticks with her own moves. That is, until Jon decided to teach her the 'spank the bootie' dance. Now, on command, she will stick her bootie out to the side and bounce while spanking herself. Every mothers dream. Thanks for that one Jon.
I tag Mindy, Ashley S., and Angie L. 5 weird things about you or a kid, you choose :)