Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013 - The Minimal Year


I almost ditched the family theme idea this year.  What can I say?  I'm tired.  The thought of putting even more than the minimal effort into Halloween made me even more tired.  So, I figured, what would be the harm in just letting the kids dive into the costume bin and walk out the door in whatever they find?

And then, we went through the costume bin.  And lo and behold, the fates aligned.  A theme developed right before our very eyes.  Without further ado, I introduce you to our 2013 Halloween Theme:


The Villains




The Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland



 Captain Hook from Peter Pan






 His "Evil Face"



Shan Yu from Mulan


 Shan Yu is a little heard in two year old speak, so instead when people asked him what he was, he hit his best Power Ranger pose while shouting, "I'm Tiny Ninja!"  Close enough.
 Jon calls this picture his "Asian Eyes"


Shan Yu was my choice after I vetoed Jon's suggestion:


And the ever menacing, the ferociously frightening...

Shere Khan from Jungle Book




Aren't they terrifying?


That much evil must have been spawned by some dastardly devils, namely:

Cruella DeVil from 101 Dalmations




And 

Gaston from Beauty and the Beast


"Let's Kill the Beast!" face

Even our pumpkin got into the villain spirit this year.


 Happy Halloween!

13 comments:

Sam and Rachel said...

Love it! Jude is especially terrifying. Sam loves Jon's "kill the beast" face. Totally epic.

Sam and Rachel said...

Love it! Jude is especially terrifying. Sam loves Jon's "kill the beast" face. Totally epic.

Sam and Rachel said...

Love it! Jude is especially terrifying. Sam loves Jon's "kill the beast" face. Totally epic.

Sam and Rachel said...

Love it! Jude is especially terrifying. Sam loves Jon's "kill the beast" face. Totally epic.

Sam and Rachel said...

Love it! Jude is especially terrifying. Sam loves Jon's "kill the beast" face. Totally epic.

Mindy said...

That is an awesome villain family. Happy Halloween.

Katie said...

You are amazing! I was wondering if we'd see a Nielsen Halloween extravaganza this year. So glad we did!

Brad said...

Nicely done

Angie Larkin said...

You guys are hilarious. The kill the beast face?! And Shan yu? That was a bit of a stretch until I saw the yarn hair...then I was a complete believer. You were a smokin' Cruella.

Oh and I thought of you today when I saw they opened a Bachi burger near me!! Yay!

Campbell Family said...

What can I say, you guys are awesome. And the fact that you've already posted this blog has me even more impressed. I'll be lucky to get my Halloween post up by Christmas. I had the same idea of giving up on Halloween until one costume inspired the "classic Halloween" characters, and alas, I couldn't "not care" as much as I wanted to.

caro.carru said...

Yes, costumes ranking with the best of them as usual! Love them. Beautiful but terrifying Queen of Hearts and Cruella. Glad to see the fun continuing from afar! Congrats on Jude, by the way. I dont know if I've written since he was born! Now you gals are way outnumbered... I know how that is :)

Unknown said...

This is Mom: Love it! It's hard to pick a favorite but Asher is especially cute as Tiny Ninja!! Nice work... one again!!

Kristy said...

You did it again. Trevor guessed Jon was Gaston right away.