Saturday, December 1, 2007

Update

For those of you that have already heard, or for those of you who haven't, I thought I'd write a little update on my mom so you know what's going on. She has been sick for about a week and basically all her intestines decided not to work anymore. Yesterday she went in for surgery and they found a "kink" in her small intestine. They fixed it, but it still takes several days for her intestines to decide to work again. So she is in the hospital still but on the mend.

I just talked to her a while ago and I'm excited I'm going to get the chance to head down to Moses Lake and help her out for awhile. I can think of very few times in my life I've actually ben able to help my mom, it's usually the other way around so I'm grateful for the opportunity. Plus who can complain about a trip home :) I know she will be just fine, but it's just sad she has to go through this. She made the comment to me, "I would rather have 7 babies again than go through this." Thanks for all the concern and well wishes! I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

::lindsay said...

I had no idea! Tell Peggy I hope she gets better. I'm glad you'll get to be with her and help her until she gets back on her feet.

Kim said...

I'm so glad to hear that she is doing ok and they were able to fix the problem. Poor Peggy!! Good thing you are able to go help. I'm sure she will love having you and Scarlet around. Give her a hug for me.

Katie said...

I had no idea! Take good care of her! I hope she gets well soon.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I hadn't heard, glad they were able to fix things. Hopefully she gets back on her feet quickly!! I am sure that little grandbaby of hers will cheer her right up, it always seems to work out for my mom anyway!!! have a safe trip, and take good care of that mom of yours!!!