Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sticker Club


Scarlet got her first chain mail the other day. It seemed harmless enough, even kind of fun. The letter instructed us to do the usual letter copying and passing along. You also had to send a book of stickers to the name on the letter. You then sent your letters off to six different friends. If all moms were as dedicated with their sticker clubbing as we were, Scarlet would receive 36 books of stickers. Fun right?

Six people seemed a little excessive to me. I thought three would be a little more reasonable, but I am nothing if not chain mail obedient.

After her first letter arrived she received the following instructions: no stickers on our house, on furniture, on our car, or on anything that seems like it might be fun. Stickers can go on your body, your clothes and on clearly designated paper.

It wasn't until the first two sticker books arrived in the mail that the thought came to me, uh, that is a lot of stickers. What the heck is she going to do with all of these stickers?


A very real thank you for all you sticker club parents who slacked off in your letter delivering, leaving Scarlet with only 4 stickers books total. I am pretty sure 36 would have been the death of us all.


4 comments:

Sew Tiny said...

Ha! Johanna got three and that was plenty for me too :)

Samantha said...

Thank you for forgiving me. I received that letter right in the thick of moving and didn't get to it... I just got another one the other day but instead of stickers it called for books. I haven't done that one yet either...

Stacie said...

You're welcome.

Kristy said...

I think Rhode could use a few more stickers.