Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I quit

It had been awhile since we had made Scarlet sit through a photo shoot and her first birthday seemed like a good excuse to snap some more photos. Scarlet is usually a pretty easy kid to take pictures of. The camera makes her very happy so it's easy to get a smile. Of course I forgot that during her previous camera shoots she wasn't really mobile yet...

Here was the set up. We went with our friends Mindy & Dale (Jon took 6 month pictures of their daughter Jane) to this giant chess set on top of one of the buildings here in town. I had her in this adorable black and white dress and we were ready to go.



Pretty cute set up huh? Unfortunately it was the coldest day Vegas has had in the past month and Scarlet was not having it. This was the only decent shot we got ALL DAY!

The rest looked more like this







At least she looks like she is smiling in the last one... I'm pretty sure that is a yawn though. In most of the pictures she has either taken off one of her shoes, has thrown herself to the ground in a tantrum, is carrying some object or another to make her happy, or has tears/drool/boogers running down her face.

Such high hopes.

On the bright side, Jane actually did get some cute pictures that day. Mindy has posted some on her blog, just click on the Mindy & Dale link to check them out. Maybe we will try again with Scarlet on a warmer day after a very, very long nap.

9 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Oh man, I think I had a similar experience. We took Cambree to get her 1 year pics into JC Penny's the day after her birthday, I had visions of what I wanted in my head, but did she cooperate...NO!! First off they didnt' have a platform or anything to sit her on, they wanted her to sit on a dot on the floor, yeah right, as soon as you put her down on the floor she wanted to Crawl around EVERYWHERE!!! I was chasing her all over the place, and then she only wanted to smile at the other little kids running around and not at the lady taking the pictures. I left there a little flustered!!! We did get a few cute shots though, thankgoodness because I was not going to go back for round 2!!!! why can't our kids just do what we want them too!!! oh and Scarlet's little dress is adorable!!! And so is she!! Funny though, Cambree had a green polka dot dress for her pics!!!!

Angie said...

oh that did have such great potential! still a cutie though.

mumovearls said...

She is so Adorable! -
Ill email you a liat that I need for a banner-Nena

Mindy said...

I think the picture of Scarlet is adorable, very her. Having been there, we need to go on a warmer day again. We can help direct/contain Scarlet. I am not sure what I am going to do when Jane becomes mobile. Bars, I am thinking bars. Call me.

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

haha oh what a great idea though! Maybe another attempt when it's warmer. The idea's fantastic!

::lindsay said...

Scarlet is so cute. love the dress. Sorry the pics didn't turn out the way you hoped.

Kim said...

A for effort!! She looks adorable.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Cute pics. Cooper was the same way used to love the camera, now he sees it and refuses to look at it. Aren't kids fun!!! Adorable dress for Scarlet by the way.

Nick and Kristen Honeycutt said...

such a cute idea... and that dress!!! too cute.