Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So Nice To Be Back!

After digging through several boxes last night we finally found our way to all the necessary computer parts and set it up. We were crossing our fingers the whole time hoping against hope that some free floating wireless internet signal would be waiting for us. And joy of all joys... it was! OH HAPPY DAY!!

I can't even tell you how great it feels to be back from the stone age. And to be writing this while staring into my backyard where there are daffodils blooming around the hedge... I won't lie it's pretty dang fabulous.

We officially bought our first house on Friday and moved in on Saturday. The neighborhood came out to greet us that night... well more precisely the neighborhood livestock. Two cats decided to break in the lawn outside our bedroom window with some extremely loud frolicking. Then, in the wee early hours of the morning, who was there to greet us but the neighborhood rooster. Yes, there is a rooster. And no, I don't know exactly where it lives or the neighborhood rooster would be no more.

For those of you who know anything about Vegas we are now in southern downtown Vegas just north of Green Valley. We are literally minutes from the airport and minutes from Jon's office. And thanks to the new takeoff path which sends the planes over the expensive neighborhoods of Summerlin, we don't even have a lot of plane noise. So far it has been a nice little set up.

I haven't been able to take pictures of the house yet so I only have the realtor pictures but they give an interesting view of the place.



So here is the view from the front and then the backyard. I absolutely LOVE the backyard. As I said, there are beautiful flowers just popping up everywhere and two great big trees in the middle. So the front door is behind all those bushes and then the part to the side that looks like a garage is actually a studio apartment.


Now here are some of the inside. I can only find the downstairs photos for some reason.
The woman that lived here before us was pretty up there in age and seriously, it is walking into your grandmas house in almost every room. Our room upstairs even has the floral curtains with the large puff on top. It's pretty fun. And there are all these old appliances built into the kitchen. There is a toaster that pops out of the wall and this odd thing that looks like the bottom of a mixer and it comes with like 5 thousand parts. So far we've found attachments for an ice cream maker, meat grinder, knife sharpener, blender, mixer, and several other unidentifiable objects.
Upstairs, the kids got to pick their own carpet back in the day so Scarlet's room is painted pink on every inch of wall with long shag pink carpet on the floor. The room next door is the same in blue. The carpet would almost be amusingly charming but 30 year old shag carpet... totally grosses me out so it's soon out the door. But until then Scarlet is fascinated by it.
This weekend Scarlet and I are headed up to Washington for Today's Generation's first dance competition of the year. And while were gone, Jon is getting to work. First to go are the cottage cheese ceilings and the wood paneled walls. More pictures soon to come!

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Congrats of the internet. I love your new place. Thanks for the apartment. ;D

::lindsay said...

Congrats on the new house! It sounds like you have big plans. I can't wait to see all you do to it!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

So glad you are back. Besides talking to you on the phone all the time I look forward to your hilarious blogs!! I also can't wait to see pictures of your house with your stuff in it, not old lady stuff!!

Marie Davies Howick said...

Your house is so pretty! You are so grown up! First you have a kid, now a house. Holy crap. Anyway... looooooove the pics and I can't wait to see it in real life! PS I'LL BE IN VEGAS MARCH 21. MARK YOUR CALENDAR.

Mandi said...

Congrats! How exciting! I can not wait til we finally get a house! Now you've got room for more babies!

Kim said...

I am so excited for you guys. I think owning a home and getting to do projects on it is just about the funnest thing ever. Good luck and enjoy your space...you've got lots of it!!

Sam and Rachel said...

Your house is so cute. I can't believe how big Scarlett is getting. She's all gwown up. I love your backyard. Sam and I keep dreaming about the day when we'll get our own place. We'll have to come visit you guys some time. That's exciting that Dale and Mindy moved into your old place. Scarlett, Jane and Christine are gonna have a blast if we get them together.

-Rachel and Sam Cardenas

Sam and Rachel said...

Oh, we also have a blog, but it's set to private. Send me your email ryonettes@hotmail.com and I'll send you the invite if you'd like.