Our whole family got to take a quick trip up to Utah a few weeks ago. It was a last minute trip, the kind where you call up your in laws and find out how mad they would be if you showed up at their door in less than 24 hours. Thank goodness they like us.
It had been way too long since we spent time with the Marshalls. We stayed up way too late and didn't have nearly enough time but, as always, it was way too much fun.
- I have some of the best nieces and nephews. I really do. Eden and Olivia are Scarlet's favorite people in the world and they just keep her fully entertained the whole time we are with them. But my absolute favorite thing to see is Hawkins, who is almost 10 years old, who takes the time to play with Rhode. Rhode thinks Hawk is about as cool as a kid can get and I love that my rough and tumble nephew takes time to play with his little cousin.
- I got to see Courtney compete in her ballroom competition! Oh to be able to do what she does...
- I have discovered I have an undying love for the ballroom category, Cabaret. That and Cougar Tails. Kylie tried to convince me they had both of these things around when I went to BYU. Cabaret maybe... but Cougar Tails? I am pretty sure I would have noticed.
- I didn't actually bring any form of media capturing while I was there, but my niece did! Watching Asher and Barrett play together was hours of entertainment. Who will end up with the toy? Who will claw who's face first? And it was all done with a friendly indifference that can only be captured by babies.
- We also discovered Asher is terrified of dogs. We got several good laughs out of watching the Marshall's chihuahua, Bruno, stealthily approach Asher, get inches from his face before Asher even knew what was happening and then watching the terrified panic that ensued. I am a good mom.