I have absolutely nothing to blog about so I'll stick with the crowd and reveal the 5 things you didn't know about me. Hope I can think of five...
1. I always save the best bite for last. For sandwiches, that means working my way to the middle, crust first. Whatever I consider the best bite of whatever I'm eating, that is the last bite I enjoy. I love ending my meals on a very positive note. The big problem comes when someone comes and takes my last bite. Little do they know the preparation that went into creating that final food morsel. Entire meals have been ruined by a poorly timed bite steal...
2. I am a pure slob at heart. Were it not for my love of my husband and child and my concern for my social reputation, my house would probably be uninhabitable. I have learned over the years that I just have to get over it and learn how to clean. But it really has been VERY hard for me. I'm not even one of those people who finally cleans everything then thinks, 'wow that is much better.' To be honest, I almost always preferred a little bit of clutter.
3. Excluding some blond highlights at the age of 13 (from angie) and a few months of bright red hair in college, I have always kept my natural hair color. The weird part is, I get asked about once a month if I've dyed my hair, even by Jon sometimes. Especially after I had Scarlet. I would tell people I hadn't dyed it and they would look at me like I was lying to them. I like to think I'm like a magic-free Tonks (wow what a dorky harry potter reference...)
4. I HATE hand jewelry. I'm really not big on bracelets but its rings that drive me the most crazy. I tried to make myself a ring wearer several times over the years but it has never stuck. I just don't like them! So when my husband gave me my simple and elegant gold band wedding ring that he made, I realized all over again he really was the one for me. It's the only ring I have ever been able to wear for more than a week.
5. I am a closet speed demon. My mom reads my blog so I shouldn't even include this one because I can just see the lectures building in her mind. But hey, I'm an adult right? I had my fair share of speeding tickets in high school but it wasn't until college that I really hit my full potential. My little Malibu could get up to 108 and I actually made the drive from Provo to Boise without ever letting the needle go below 95. Luckily, I have realized the true stupidity of this little thrill of mine and I have turned in my... ok there wasn't really anything to turn in. But I have slowed down significantly.
We're headed to Gridley for the entire Thanksgiving week. So everyone have a happy Thanksgiving!