Thursday, January 1, 2015

Palm Springs

One of my main excuses for this blog lapse is all of the time I wait for people to send me picture that they take of me.  Yes, this is how selfish I am. I never bring a camera, I expect people to take pictures of my children, and then I gripe when they don't ever get them to me.  So many reasons to not be my friend.  Sorry family, you're stuck with me.

We had a great family trip to Palm Springs for New Years.  It was the first family trip where my kids weren't the only kids!  That part was grand.  Add that to getting to cuddle and kiss my two new nephews?  Heaven.


Kylie got endowed in the Redlands temple while we were there.  Then we got tacos.  No pics of the temple... just tacos.

Jon hung out with the kids while I headed for the temple.  They could have just hung around the resort... but dad was in charge.  So instead they found a hole under a chain link fence, climbed under it, hiked up a hill, and found a cave.  They had a blast.  Dad is the king of adventure.








The kids swam and swam to their hearts content.  It was an unseasonably cool week in Palm Springs so kids had a hard time talking adults into joining them by the pool area.  But we gave in and braved the 60 degree weather frequently.




And Grandpa was always around to warm up a grand kid when they realized, yes it is too cold to swim.

 
There was golfing.  And golfing stories I intentionally blocked from my mind.  My brain does not have sufficient storage space for boring stuff like that.  Gotta conserve.
 

My mom gave each group of two a small wooden airplane and we launched them off the balcony to see whose would fly the longest.  It was even more fun than I thought it would be.
 

Our Knudson family showed up and we got to chat with them and catch up.  We also got to take some family photos.
 


Scarlet got some new clothes from grandma and had a fashion show for all of us.  She looked beyond adorable.


We played a lot of tennis this trip.  Jon and I started out really strong but then suddenly Curtis figured out how tall and coordinated he is and swept the floor with us.  I couldn't get a ball past him to save my life.


And these are my kissable new babies

And this is my baby holding a new kissable baby



And this is my baby whom I love dearly.  Even though he's crazy.

No comments: